Tuesday, October 15, 2013

PROMPT # !3 "Define Success"





“Define Success”
            The definition from the freedictionary.com is:
1. The achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted: attributed their success in business to hard work.
2.
a. The gaining of fame or prosperity: an artist spoiled by success.
b. The extent of such gain.
3. One that is successful: The plan was a success.
4. Obsolete A result or an outcome.
1. the favourable outcome of something attempted
2. the attainment of wealth, fame, etc.
3. an action, performance, etc., that is characterized by success
4. a person or thing that is successful
5. Obsolete any outcome



            Even though there are many different definitions of success in the dictionary, but for me, success is simply when I accomplish something I wanted to accomplish. For example, from when I was in 8th grade, I wanted to make an album of my photos and my family’s photos for my mom and dad’s birthday. I bought an album in the summer of eighth grade but I had no time to finish it until I was in tenth grade I finally finished it and gave it to my mom. I worked on the album every time I had extra time and also on weekends. I also had to wait until I went to Korea again because I had to get baby photos of my family from when my brother and I were young. I had to go to both of my grandma’s house to gather photos so I finished about one fourth of the album when I was in ninth grade. After I got those photos, I started to work on the album. I put A WHOLE LOT OF EFFORT into the album and when I finally finished it I felt SO ACCOMPLISHED and successful! This was one time I felt successful. When I gave the album to my mom, my brother told me that I just made that because I did not want to use money to buy my mom something expensive. I was MAD because I always had the idea to buy my mom something and my brother always just told me lets half the price to pay for something expensive. I made the album because I wanted to make something memorable for my mom and something she could keep. Also when I grow older, my mom could see the album and remember that I made that for her when I was a sophomore. I told my brother that MY ALBUM IS WAY MORE MEANINGFUL than anything in the world! I felt really relieved and successful because I was one step ahead of my brother towards my mom. I also wanted my brother to make something meaningful like that for my mom and dad. By seeing what I made, I wanted my brother to also make something so that my mom and dad would be SUPER HAPPY. Other times I felt successful was when I scored in sport games like in a basketball game or soccer game or during a volleyball game. I feel happy when I score and accomplish my goal. Even though while playing in a team I get tired and want to stop running, after the game when my team wins, everything I did feels right and I feel like I accomplished something. Everyone in the world feels successful in many different ways. When someone defines success, they say the definition in their own way. I also feel successful when I get good grades. When I get a bad grade I feel unsuccessful and stressed and for the whole day my mood is down to the floor but when I get a good grade I become happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment