Tuesday, October 15, 2013

PROMPT #18 “Playing Computer Games is a Waste of Time and Should Not be Allowed. Do You Agree or Disagree?”



Today’s prompt is if playing computer games is a waste of time. I don’t really like playing computer games so I believe that computer games is a waste of time and should not be allowed. Technology has improved so much these days that it scares me of how children’s lives are being affected significantly. There was one time when I went into a room with a whole group of kids. Everything the kids were talking about was about computer games. Every single kid was talking of how they got an item in this game or how they spent all night trying to accomplish a level. They talked about how some of them begged their mom to put in cash so that they could get items that you could not get unless you pay real cash. Some of the kids were planning of what time and what day they were going to meet in the game at home. When I was little I ran around outside and played outside, interacting with other kids that I have never seen before. Whoever was in the playground became my friend, and that was a very good way of improving my social life. That made my personality better and also my health better. Now children are not playing outside. They are not running around or playing in the playground like how children did years ago. It is very unhealthy for kids to just stay at home and play computer games all day. This does not only affect a child’s health but also affects their hearing and eyesight. The more a child plays computer games, the more that child’s eye sight and hearing becomes bad. If you see carefully, a child who plays computer games all day and a child who runs around outside and is active have totally different personalities. A child who plays computer games all day does not have the chance to learn how to interact with other children. They lack in the knowledge of interacting with others, they only have the thought of playing games and winning in games. The children who play outside learn how to interact with other children. In the future, kids who have played outside rather than playing computer games live a better life in the society. Children who only played computer games have difficulty fitting in society.




            Even though I believe playing computer games is a very unhealthy and something that is just a waste of time for children, I play CANDY CRUSH. That is the only game I play. When everyone else played games, I did not understand why it was so fun and addicting. When everyone played games, I watched drama. I am really a drama fan, especially KOREAN DRAMA, but now I feel like I should stop watching drama because I should concentrate on my studies. The only computer game that was actually fun for me is TETRIS and CANDY CRUSH. Another reason I do not like computer games is because I am really bad at the. RIGHTNOW I am a fan of CANDY CRUSH! I think this is the only game that I have played whenever I get bored. I have it as an APP on my phone. That is the only game that is on my phone. ANYWAYS, even though games are a waste of time, I do not think it should be eliminated. People could release their stress by playing games. If that is a way to release someone’s stress, then I believe that it is a good thing for computer games to exist, but I believe that CHILDREN should not only play computer games and should go outside and interact more with other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment