Tuesday, October 15, 2013

PROMPT #15 “What do I want on my tombstone?”








Tombstones are what are placed over a grave. I do not want to think about what would be on MY tombstone because I do not want to die………………………….. I WOULDN’T know what would be on my tombstone because I would be DEAD when they put a tombstone over my grave… ANYWAYS if I had to think about my tombstone and decorate my own tombstone, I would make my tombstone REALLY PRETTY and BIG and AWESOME. First I would like my tombstone to have A LOT of flowers, and I mean A LOT of PRETTY flowers that smell really good so that when people smell the flowers they would come to see my grave. If people come to my grave, then I would not be lonely even when I’m dead. Also when people see my grave I do not want them to be like why is that tombstone there and say bad things about me when I’m dead inside, I want them to complement how pretty the tombstone and grave is and how the family of this tombstone cares a lot about their family that has passed away. This would encourage other families to also care for their dead family members graves. When a person’s family members die, sometimes the family just buries the body and leaves the dead person and does not visit the grave. They think that it does not matter because the person is dead and they do not want to waste their time doing something that would not benefit them financially. My family is not like that. I visited my great grandmother’s grave, and before my family walked up to the grave, we went to the store to buy fresh flowers and also food that my great grandmother liked to eat and drink. My great grandmother liked to drink Soju which is alcohol so we bought it and we poured a little by little on her grave and cut the long grass that made our great grandmother’s grave look messy. It takes a lot of money taking care of a grave. You have to pay a specific amount of money because the people at the grave site cut the grass and looks out for the graves. People who are not rich and do not have the money to support their own family have a hard time caring for people in their family who have died because they just do not have the money. This is a case where it is not the family’s fault that they cannot visit the grave of their relatives and care for the graves, but people who could, should think about their family members who have already passed away and visit them. My grandmother (Dad’s mom) always tells me that when she dies you don’t have to come visit be every time but please come maybe once a year or at least once every two years. I always get mad when my grandma says this to me. I told her I will visit every time when I have time but to please stop saying that she is going to die. She is now about 70 years old but she is very healthy. She is the healthiest grandma I have ever seen in my life. My grandma always exercises by walking up mountains and always eats healthy foods. My mom also bought dried blueberries for my grandma to eat because she said she feels dizzy sometimes. I LOVE my grandma and I wish she would stop telling me to please come visit her when she dies, I want her to stop thinking of herself dying and think of other things we could do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment