Tuesday, September 10, 2013

PROMPT#5 Your Favorite Trip




The topic for my blog today is “MY FAVORITE TRIP”. I have traveled to many places around the world during my lifetime so far. (In the 16 years I've lived) Some countries I have been to during the 16 years of my life are Guam, Saipan, China, Hong Kong, Japan, England, France, Korea, and Peru. I have lived in Korea for four years, Guam for five years, Shanghai for three and a half years, and Saipan for about four years. The other countries on my list are the places I traveled with my family and friends during vacations. I have so many other places I want to visit. I have never been to America because none of my parent’s relatives live there and also because America is very far away from where I live. One of my LIFETIME goals is to travel AROUND THE WORLD and visit EVERY COUNTRY POSSIBLE. 


My favorite trip from all the trips I have gone to was Peru. Our school, Saipan International School has a trip that is run my Ms. Mili called “Destino Peru” This trip is when a group of high school students travel together to Peru and stay in Peru for three weeks doing activities  and spending time together. I went to Peru for the summer of 2013. We left on June 12th and came back on July 4th. This trip was a LIFE changing experience. We had to spend about 30 hours on the plane and in the airport to get to Lima, Peru. We went to Guam, then to Hawaii, then to Costa Rica, then finally to Lima. I chose Peru as my favorite trip because it was truly the best trip I have gone to. One of the reasons why it was the best trip was because I went to Peru with my friends and three teachers, Mr. Beyer, Mrs. Mili, and Ms. Amy. This was the first time I went on a trip without my family, and it was scary at first, but because I had my friends with me, it was a good experience.


We did so many different activities in Peru. Some of the activities we did were sand boarding, zip lining, visiting schools, dancing, visiting the kid’s hospital, and swimming in the hot springs. There were so many things we did in Peru that it is so hard to pick one thing that was memorable. Visiting the schools in Arequipa and Lima were very fun. We got to meet out pen pals and also the other students at the school to learn more about Peru and become closer. Everyone stared at us everywhere we walked. They especially stared at the Asians, including me. Ms. Mili, our teacher told us this is because there were not many Asian’s in Peru so it was like when we saw a white person in Korea. Some random people even came up to us asked us to take pictures with them. Our Destino Peru group also went sightseeing, shopping, and went to restaurants to try the Peruvian food. There is this traditional llama meat called Alpaca that we all got to try. (But I did not really like Alpaca) We also went to the Colca Canyon, the floating islands, and Machu Picchu. Everywhere we went, the scenery was incredibly beautiful. It is hard to explain in words. You could only know how beautiful Peru is by actually going there. I strongly encourage everyone to take a summer vacation to visit Peru once before they die, even though it is so far away, it is worth spending 30 hours on the plane and in the airports. I LOVED Peru, and it was my favorite trip that I have gone to. I would LOVE to go to Peru again before I die, that is also one of my goals. <3  

No comments:

Post a Comment