Thursday, September 26, 2013

PROMPT # 9 " What are the three things that will make my life perfect?"



     “What are the three things that would make my life perfect?” This prompt made me think for a while, because there are so many things that could make my life better than it is now, but perfect would be a hard word to describe my life.  I think a person’s life cannot be perfect, but if I had to choose three things to make my life perfect, I would choose my families safety and health and money. My first thing would count as two because it is for my family to be healthy and safe.

            The first thing that would help make my life perfect is my family’s health and safety. If I could have the assurance that my family would not be in danger and would be healthy, that would help my life become perfect. I always worry about things that have about ONE percent possibility of happening, like my mom or dad passing away for no reason or bad things happening to my aunties and uncles or my grandma and grandpa or my cousins and my brother. Nothing has happened until now, but I cannot stop worrying. Whenever I watch the news channel or read an article about something bad happening, I always fear that it might happen to me. When I was in second grade my mom, my brother, and I watched this Korean movie that was about this ten year old boy being kidnapped, AND IT WAS A TRUE STORY! The ten year old boy had been overweight, so the mom had told him to go down to the park and to jump rope 500 times then come back. It was like a routine for the boy to go down and jump rope after dinner because he had done that every day. Then one day he did not return so the mom went down and found her son’s jump rope on the floor. Later in the movie, the kidnapper calls the mom and dad of the kid and asks them for money. The kidnapper lets the parents hear the boy’s voice saying “help mom and dad, help” but it turns out that the voice of the boy had only been a recording and the kidnapper had already killed the son. At the end of the movie the son is found by a lake, and after experimenting it turns out that the son had died on the day he was kidnapped and the kidnapper had tricked them to get money by using a fake recording. After the movie ended it let us hear the real voice of the kidnapper and it said in subtitles that he might be still alive today. After I read that I was SO SCARED that everywhere I went I held someone’s hand or stayed behind my brother. I feared that this could happen to our family too, (which now I think of it was very unlikely) so one of the things that would make my life perfect is my families safety and health. I wish my parents, my brother, my aunties and uncles, my cousins, and all of my other aunties (not real aunties but are like my real aunties) would be healthy and safe for the rest of our lives.




            The second thing that would make my life perfect is just enough money for my family to live without the thought of needing to make enough money. I have lived apart from my dad for about 13 years now, and the reason was because my dad traveled to many different countries to work so that he could support our family. I always wanted to just live with my family and not worry about money, so my goal for the future is to make a lot of money and let my mom and dad live happily without having them work so that they could rest and relax and do everything they wanted to do in the past.


No comments:

Post a Comment