Friday, September 13, 2013

PROMPT #6 Which of the SEVEN sins am I most guilty of?? SLOTH



“WHICH OF THE SEVEN SINS AM I MOST GUILTY OF?” When I read this prompt I thought to myself, what does this mean? I thought seven sins were things like murder or kidnapping, then I asked my friend SOPHIA if she knew what this meant and she replied, “Your same as me, you should do sloth” at first I was confused. Then she said “YOU’RE LAZY AND I’M LAZY WERE BOTH LAZY.” (In a good way :) , because we both are really lazy ><)


After researching about the seven deadliest sins, I found out they are not murder or kidnapping, but actually Greed, Sloth, Pride, Lust, Gluttony, Envy, and Wrath. Lust is to have a desire for anything, Envy is to be jealous, Wrath is being furious and angry, Gluttony is having the desire to eat, Pride is having the desire to be more attractive or better than others, Greed is having the desire for possession, and Sloth is failing to do things or being lazy. I thought about it, and I am most guilty of SLOTH! I LOVE being active. I love playing sports, hanging out with friends, and being social but at times I get a bit lazy… like a sloth I guess... Or maybe… REALLY lazy… but that doesn't mean I don’t get things done. :) Even though I procrastinate, meaning that I leave things until the end to finish, I still get things done eventually. I usually always leave my homework to finish it at the last minute. I always wanted to fix my habit of putting things to the end, but I learned the hard way that a habit is really hard to change. I think I have always done things I want to before finishing my homework or studying for tests. When I turned 13, I started to watch A LOT of Korean drama. When I say A LOT, I mean REALLY REALLY A LOT. I LOVE watching Korean dramas; I think I have an addiction to watching dramas. Once I start watching one episode, I cannot stop myself, so I continue to watch the other episodes then end up watching drama for the whole day, then ending up with a really bad headache the following day. :) I really take way too long finishing my homework. When my other classmates take about TWO hour to finish all of the homework, it takes me more than FOUR hours. :) The main reason I get lazy is because of my lack of concentration. I have a habit of doing other things while doing my homework. I would not be able to concentrate unless I am in my room all alone, where it is really quiet. I sit on my desk after school and start my homework, but then I get really sleepy so I say to myself I will just take a quick nap and finish my homework right after my nap. I am always tired and sleepy because I sleep really late every day. I am in the volleyball team, so I have practice every day after school so that is also a reason why I am always tired. To fix my habits, I will have to learn how to MANAGE MY TIME WELL.

From now on, I am really going to change to never procrastinate.  I am going to fix my habit into finishing my homework before I do anything else. I have been lazy and therefore the sin I am most guilty of was SLOTH, but I am going to change so that I will not be lazy anymore and be more active. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment