Tuesday, August 20, 2013

PROMPT 3: Favorite Metaphor of Love


Today’s blog topic is about my FAVORITE METAPHOR OF LOVE. I don’t really know a lot about love metaphors in general, but I would say “LOVE IS AN ADVENTURE” is my favorite love metaphor. The topic was to pick which metaphor is your favorite, but even though I chose this metaphor as my favorite love metaphor; my favorite metaphor can always change if I find out about another interesting love metaphor.  Dictionary.com defines metaphor as a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance and as something used, or regarded as being used, to represent something else; emblem; symbol. Summarizing the long definition, a metaphor simply compares one thing to another without using the words "Like" or "As". (If the sentence has “Like” or “As”, then it would be a simile)

LOVE IS AN ADVENTURE is saying that love is an adventure meaning that love could be fun but at the same time could be challenging in many ways. I chose this metaphor because I believe that love is truly an adventure. Adventures are not always perfect. An adventure can become a disaster and ruin a person’s life but support the person who ruined their life an experience that they would have never got if that person had not gone through this specific experience of going through the disaster. Mistake made at a certain place or time during their adventure shows the difficulties of love.  Love is not perfect, and an adventure is also not perfect, which completely describes the two words to relate to each other in an interesting way. An adventure is the start of a new journey in which numerous events can happen that can lead to conflicts or happiness. I strongly believe that love is essential in a person’s lifetime. Even plants need love. My mom started a garden a few months ago, and as I saw the plants growing, I also wanted to plant my own plants. This is the reason why I went to the hardware store to buy my own plant holder and fertilizer. I put a tomato seed in the dirt and closed it up so that it could grow nicely. I was too busy with my own work that I never really took care of my plant, and one day I saw it and it was dying while every other plant was getting bigger and bigger.  I told my mom about my plant, that maybe the seed was weird, but my mom told me that you gave your plant too little love. She told me that I never gave my plant water; it was always her that gave the water. This is why to check if my mom was really correct, I left my dying plant to see if it would get better and live, and it did! Right now my tomato plant is about 1 and a half inches tall!! Going back to my topic, I described love as being an adventure, which concludes that love and an adventure are both significant to every single person’s lives. A relationship can never be perfect; every couple in the world should have at least one problem with their girlfriend or boyfriend. It is impossible for a couple who loves each other to be flawless and never fight during their loving relationship. Same for an adventure, a journey can never only contain happy memories but also contains hard memories.  This is the reason why my favorite metaphor of love is that “LOVE IS AN ADVENTURE.” Love is just another word for an adventure, and if you just started to feel like you love someone, it means that you are starting a long fun and tiring adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment