Monday, August 12, 2013

DESCRIBE YOURSELF!!


I am the one on the left :)
Hi! For my second post I am going to write about the topic, “Describe Yourself.” I am a Junior this year! (16, two more years until I become a senior and graduate!) I live in a small island in the pacific Ocean that is a part of the Nothern Mariana Islands, Saipan. Saipan is a beautiful island with pure air and unbelievable scenery. You could see the ocean from any part of the island here! My full name is Seoung Hyun Lee but people at school call me SH because my name is very difficult for some people to pronounce. Just by reading my name you can kind of figure out that I am Asian, more specifically Korean. I am FULL Korean. I was born in Seoul,Korea but when I was four years old my family moved to Guam. (Guam is an island in the Pacific ocean right next to Saipan) I lived in Guam for five years and when I was in second grade I moved to Shanghai,China. We moved to China because my auntie lived there, but the main reason was because my mom wanted us to be well educated and thought of it as a good opportunity for us ( my brother Joon and I) to live in Shanghai and learn Chinese. When we moved around from country to country it was always my mom, my brother and me because my dad stayed in Korea to make money and support our family. We lived in Shanghai for about 3 and a half years then we moved to this beautiful island, Saipan. I have lived in Saipan for about four years and a half because I moved here (Saipan) when I was in 6th grade fourth quarter.

I am the right one on the grass :)

     I talked about where I lived before and where I live now in the first paragraph, but not a lot about myself. >< I don't have one word to describe myself, but if I had to pick a word, I would pick ATHLETIC. I love to play sports! During the sixteen years of my life, I have learned golf, ping pong, tennis, Taek Won Do, and how to swim. I liked learning new sports but I hated having to practice because I got so tired but as I started to play more and more sports, every sport became really fun to me. I enjoyed school sports more because we would always play the game, and that's what I like the BEST! I ALWAYS joined the school teams, including the soccer team, badminton team, floor hockey team, volleyball team, basketball team, and the swimming team. At my school now we only have a volleyball team and a basketball team, so I play these two sports now. I also play soccer outside of school in a team called MPU. Even though I am athletic I am NOT a tomboy, but also not a GIRLY girl~ I am just in between. :)
     I want to dedicate this paragraph to my one and only brother, Joon. This is not off topic because I am describing myself because my brother is one of my family members. :) I only have one sibling, and that is my brother Joon. He is two years older than me and has already graduated high school and is going to go to college. I fought a lot with my brother when I was young. It was almost like a daily routine because we fought almost everyday. We would argue about any little thing for no specific reason, but when we weren't fighting we would have the best brother and sister relationship. From all this fighting, one important thing I learned from my brother was patience. If I was patient, my brother would ease his anger and smile again. Now my brother and I hardly fight and I am happy all the fighting days are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment