Monday, December 9, 2013

PROMPT #22 "Big school or a Small school"



There are SO MANY big schools and SO MANY small schools all over the world. I am in 11th grade right now and of my school years I have been to both big schools and small schools.  When I was four years old, my family moved to Guam which is an Island in the Pacific Ocean that is right next to a different island called Saipan. My brother and I went to a small school in Guam called Trinity Christian School (TCIS). One grade only had one class because of the small amount of students. Then my family moved to Shanghai, China when I became about 11 years old. In Shanghai I went to three different schools. One was a medium size school and the two other schools were really big schools. For third grade I went to a school called SCIS Shanghai Community International School. (Changmin) I call this school a medium sized school because compared to the small schools I went to, this school was way bigger, but compared to the big schools I went to, this school was really small. For my fourth grade year, I moved to a school called SAS Pudong. (Shanghai American School) In Shanghai there are two different SAS campuses, Pudong and Puxi. Both schools are really good but they are just located in different areas because Shanghai is so big. I lived about 45 minutes away from SAS Puxi and about 1 hour and 50 minutes from SAS Pudong. I went to SAS Pudong for my 4th grade year because there was no space in SAS Puxi, so for my 5th grade year I moved to SAS Puxi. When I was in 6th grade 4th quarter, my family moved to Saipan. I attended a school called SIS (Saipan International School) in Saipan and I am still attending this school. This school is a small school like the school I went to in Guam. TCIS and SIS only have one class per grade. SCIS has three classes per grade, and lastly SAS has about 6-8 classes for each grade.
If you think about it, there are many advantages and disadvantages about big schools and small schools. Some advantages for a small school could be that you could be real close to the teachers because there are not as many students as there are in a big school. In a small school, you could become very close to the people in your class because they would be the class you will graduate with and spend many years with. Some disadvantages for a small school is that there is only one class. You would have to be friends with everyone in your class, and if for instance something happens, and you fight with someone, you will have no other choice but to go to school with that person or a group of people until you the year you graduate. Another disadvantage is that there are not a variety of classes in a small school to take.cute dog names 2013

Big schools have a variety of classes where you could choose the classes you want to take, and also extra curriculum classes. Big schools allow you to become social and would give you the chance to meet various people. The disadvantage of a big school is that you would not be able to have a close relationship with the teachers because there would be too many students that the teacher would sometimes not remember your name in some cases. Also, if you were in a small school and you did not understand something in class, you could go and ask the teacher without feeling awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment