Thursday, November 14, 2013

PROMPT # 21 “What Are The Things That I Would Teach and Not Teach To My Children? How Would My Children Do Differently?”




Every parent in the world has their own ways of teaching their children different things. Everyone in the world has different personalities, therefore have many different ways of living. Some things may be important to one family whereas the same thing would not be as important to another family. The NUMBER ONE THING I would teach my children would be to listen and respect people who are older than them. I want my kids to have manners, and be known and kids who are bright and friendly. When I say be respectful and listen to people who are older than my children, I do not mean to do every single thing an older person tells my child to do, but to be respectful. If someone older asks for money or asks to do something that is part of a felony like stealing something or bullying someone, I would not want my kids to do that. I would teach my kids what is right and wrong, and how to get along with various people.

                I do not want my child to be one of those kids who cannot socialize. I want my children to have many friends but to study at the same time. Not a NERD but NOT a JOCK. Just in the middle, like how I am right now. I would teach my children how to talk nicely to elders with respect and how to say “Hello” in a respectful way. I would always remind my kids that they should not use a lot of swear words and that they should always study because that is the key for future success. I understand how hard it is to do sports and have the time to study at the same time, but I know it is not impossible, so I would make my kids study but also do sports so that they would be healthy. From personal experience, I know that doing sports can release stress. I want my children to have a good life where they have time to hang out with their friends, but also the time to study hard and get good grades. If my son or daughter loses in a sport game or fails on a test, I would not get mad and scorn them over and over again, I would let them have their space but later I would explain to them how grades are really important.

                I want my children to be successful when they grow up. I want my kids to be able to keep their heads up and not be looked down by on anyone. I am really competitive, so I always want to win or get good grades. When I get a bad grade, even though I smile and make it look like I’m fine with the grade I got, in my heart I am mad at myself for not knowing the answers and for getting the questions wrong. If my kids inherit my personality, I also want to teach them how to let it out. I do not want my children to have to have so much stress because they take everything in and act lie everything is fine. When things are not going well, or if my child does not like something, I would teach my child how to let his or her feelings out. Having a lot of friends and being popular is not the most important thing of a person’s life. I think that for my children, I would teach them that in high school years, they should really study hard in order to get into a good college, and once they get into a college, I would let them do what they want to, under a certain limit.  


No comments:

Post a Comment